We are rooming in at Baptist tonight and going home with our sweet baby girl in the morning. They have rooms in the NICU for us to stay with Gracie and we take care of her by ourselves till morning. The doctor will have to check her out one more time and they will do a blood count and then we can go home. After nine long weeks we will get to finally settle in at home as a family of three (plus the dog :-). We are so exicted and nervous at the same time. I worked like a mad woman today getting her room ready and trying to find just the right outfit to bring her home in (big thanks to Mimi for finding it and doing a quick alteration). It seems so strange sitting in here alone with her grunting in her bed without a nurse around. I am really going to miss the nurses here, they have all been great and a few we have gotten really close to. We have an even bigger extended family keeping up with our little miracle. We are truly blessed to be taking her home this soon. When I had her they told us to plan on 3 months which would be Father's Day. She would only be 34 weeks if I were still carrying her. The doctors call her amazing and I think that really sums her up in one word. Thanks again for keeping us in your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment